Bathtub mold in bathtub: Woman who used it to repair her car found dead
- by admin
A woman who used a mold in her bathtub to repair the car she was driving in Tennessee died after her family reported her missing.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol said the 52-year-old woman was in the shower with her husband and two young children on Sunday morning when she fell into the mold.
“I was getting ready to get in, and I heard a bang,” she told the newspaper.
She said the mold was sticking to the back of the tub and had spread to the door.
The family went to check on her and discovered she was gone.
Investigators said the woman’s car was inoperable.
A state-appointed toxicologist determined the mold in the tub was the result of water leaking from the ceiling and leaking out of the mold, which is an irritant and has been known to cause cancer.
Toxicologists found no evidence the mold spread to any other parts of the bathtub.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
She is survived by her husband, two children, two step-children and a dog.
A woman who used a mold in her bathtub to repair the car she was driving in Tennessee died after…